Focused on unmanned aerial systems for the development of projects for safer delivery. Boots off ballast is our vision.
Early Development to hand-back
We understand that early development is essential for preparing a safe deliverable plan. Using aerial images and films alone will;
- Reduced boots on ballast and risk to employees
- Reduced network disruption
- Reduce unit rates
Reduced boots on ballast
Considering a track renewals item, It is estimated that an average site walkout may involve a team of 10 employees for an 8 hour shift. In addition, the same people will subsequently undertake a dilapidation walk out and a taking over walkout either side of the planned prep, core and follow up works.
In other terms , this equates to circa 240 man hours Per site that could be removed by adapting traditional methods to using unmanned aircraft systems, thus reducing the potential risks of harm from associated site environments.
Reduced Network Disruption
In simple terms, removing the above three shifts naturally reduces the need for track access and disruption. Flying within UK CAA parameters and permissions, Mission Drones would not require track access.
Reduced unit rate
240 man hours would incur significant costs – Drone surveys on average could reduce these costs by 70%
Although cab ride style videos are available and have their advantages, these can not be controlled to pan, zoom or rotate around site for detailed 360 views and so traditional walks will always be required on every site.
It is our ambition to assist in reducing site walkouts wherever possible by means of both pre recorded and real time aerial footage.
Using real time footage and radio communications allows our operators to work with supervisors and engineers to focus on site specific items from the comfort of an office or satellite facility out of harms way.
Applications for aerial surveillance
- General site overview
- Identification of existing components and condition
- Identification of site hazards, obstructions, surplus rail and materials
- Documenting pre and post condition for dispute resolution
- Identification of any vegetation
- Identification of access points and welfare establishment and the need for any advanced remedial works
- OHLE visual surveys
- OHLE thermal surveys
- ES assistant for clear site checks pre handback
- Surveillance and Security
- Works progress and time lapse
- Films for lessons learned and best practice for sharing with success
- Emergency coverage / gathering evidence
For further information and to establish how we could help your rail team, please enquire today